Until : June 2013
I took my new year's resolution for 2013, and I'm afraid you won't like it.
But from another standpoint, this is kind of the logical continuation of what I have been doing since 2 months. You may actually not be surprised.Basically, for this year I decided to do my best to cure my Internet addiction enough in order to focus on more constructive things.
By that I mean I'll work in order to try to put together an actual comic, which is something long overdue.Telling a story from start to finish
in a graphic form has always been a dream of mine, however how stupid and mundane it probably is (especially in this stupid economy -_-).
As you hopefully know, it is a lot of work to both produce and distribute a comic. I don't know yet if I'll go towards editors or if I will webcomic it, but one thing is certain : I need several months to clear that up, study the problem, and setup a website if needed.With the project "Serina, the star guardian", I think I have a project that is ambitious, but feasible
, and that seems to have potential for a wide audience according to my "beta testing". This is the story I have to do my best to tell, because I may not be able to do another one, and I think it reflects well the very few hopes that remain in my heart. At this point I kind of need to do it to bear with this crazy reality. (I wish this would be an over-dramatic way of saying it in order to sound cool and all, but sadly it's not).
Wanting to do this project isn't the only reason for this : in general, the Internet has been having a lot of negative effects on me.
Besides the obvious one that it kills your focus and attention span, there are other ones implied. To sum up, the Internet is shoving in my face things I can no longer bear psychologically and it's making me depressed and aggressive. I feel like a dick and like I make my family suffer because of this, and I don't want it to continue. (I won't go into details, I have a therapist for that XD).
I wondered for a while if I should deactivate this account. But it's probably not a good idea. A lot of work went into it and hopefully some people will keep enjoying the
attempts at creativity that are on it.
So I'll try to be more reasonable with my Internet without closing this page. But I may change my mind if it turns out I am too addicted to keep my word. Anyways, I think I should be straight up honest about the consequences those resolutions will have. Here's a list :
- Before I checked DA several times a day. My intent is to reduce this to once every two days, or maybe even less.
- I'll still answer messages I think are worthwhile but it likely won't be as quick because of the reason above.
- I'll avoid comment "conversations". Even if we are online at the same time I won't answer more than twice in a day to one person.
- I'll unwatch some people, especially groups, as well as some popular guys, in order to save time "cleaning my inbox".
- I'll keep watching people I consider "online buddies". I may even start watching some of them to keep track.
- Any changes (prolongation of hiatus, account closing, update...) will be put in this journal to announce them. If I leave completely I at least want to tell a proper goodbye.
But as i said, I don't think I'll leave completely (yet?). As I said above, I still plan on answering comments once in a while, and once my comic project takes shape it is likely to go back to the Internet in one way or another. Those are the modest good news.
I am really sorry, I hope you'll understand.
Hopefully we can still have a little chat once in a while, even if there are no new drawings, and we do it less often.
Bye bye, then.